The Exning War Memorial.
The War Memorial stands at the 'White Horse' crossroads and was erected in June 1921,in memory of the 78 men connected with Exning who died in The Great War. A memorial book was added after the Second World War with the names of a further 23 men and 2 civilians who died under enemy action. The Memorial was designed by Messrs. W. J. Nutty of Cheveley and is made of Cornish Granite. It was paid for by public subscription,the total cost being £624-
R E Bye -
A Forest Heath District Council (Suffolk) Project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund as part of the Millennium Festival ©2000 Designed by ArtAtac
This page was part of “22 Villages -
Exning.Net is a website developed by residents of Exning Village
All information and photographs are ©LAPOLLO Systems unless otherwise attributed. Comments & Queries to firstname.lastname@example.org